It’s bad in Chicago.
It’s bad enough that it made headlines at the UK Daily Mail.
Six children amongst 45 people shot in Chicago during bloody Easter weekend
- Of the 45 people shot, nine were killed
- Five children were shot as they were walking home from a playground
- Someone in a vehicle that passed the children asked if they were in a particular gang before one of them started shooting
- Police recovered 23 shell casings from the scene of the shooting
- The children ranged in age from 11 to 15
- So far this year 85 people have been murdered in Chicago
- In 2013, 431 people were murdered in the Windy City
Nine people are dead and at least 36 were wounded – including six children – in an especially bloody 48 hours in the gang-and-violence-plagued city of Chicago over the weekend.
Five of the six children wounded – who range in age from 11 to 15 – were shot during a drive-by shooting on Sunday night after a person in the vehicle reportedly asked if the children were members of a particular street gang.
The sixth, a 15-year-old girl, was shot while riding in a vehicle in what appears to be a separate – but also gang-related – incident.
Peaceful co-existence in Chicago is clearly worth the strict gun control we must all endure as Illinois residents, right?
(That’s sarcasm for the “sarcastically” challenged!)
Chicago isn’t safe.