Downstate Representative Jason Barickman is hosting Chicago Democrat Christian Mitchell to a couple of downstate meetings in an effort to let the Chicago representative better understand downstate issues on Monday, April 22 in Pontiac and Bloomington.
Christian Mitchell voted “no” on the “Shall Issue” vote on HB-997 last Thursday.
We can’t think of an issue downstate Illinois believes more important than Right-to-Carry.
We’re encouraging Guns Save Life members from the Pontiac/Bloomington area to turn out at one or both of these events to voice their enthusiasm for right-to-carry to this Chicago Democrat.
- Chicago’s strict gun control is contributing to the violent crime there as nearby Aurora, Illinois’ second-largest city that has none of Chicago’s strict handgun laws, had ZERO homicides last year compared to Chicago’s 532.
- 49 states have experienced reduced rates of murder and violent crime after passing carry laws.
- Florida has one million active carry permits today and their firearms-related violent crime rate is a historic lows. It’s not rocket science.
- Give women the right to choose whether or not to carry self-defense tools.
- Chicago residents have the most to gain by passing right to carry. Surely Rep. Mitchell cares about his law-abiding constituents more than he cares about criminals, right?
Here’s the email announcement from Rep. Barickman:
As I’ve learned more about my colleagues in Springfield, it has become clear that I must take efforts to ensure that they understand the dynamics of our downstate communities.
I have invited a new member of the Illinois House of Representatives to join me in central Illinois on Monday. State Representative Christian Mitchell is a Democrat from the City of Chicago. I?m excited to help him understand more about the issues we face in central Illinois.
You are invited to join us at two events this Monday, April 22nd. At these events, you will be given an opportunity to visit with Rep. Mitchell and me, and raise questions or comments that you think are pertinent to state government. Please note, there has been a change in the location for the Roundtable luncheon with the Pontiac Chamber of Commerce. It has been moved from the Chamber to the Bank of Pontiac on Oak Street.
Roundtable with the Pontiac Area Chamber of Commerce
Bank of Pontiac, 103 N. Oak Street, Pontiac
Lunch provided with RSVP to: Margo Kennedy at 815-844-5131
12:00 P.M. (Noon) to 1:15 P.M.
Joint Town Hall with Sen. Barickman and Rep. Mitchell
Illinois State University, Schroeder Hall, Room 138
6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.