Alan Gura, left and Otis McDonald in front of the U.S. Supreme Court building. Otis McDonald was the plaintiff in the landmark McDonald decision which incorporated the earlier landmark Heller gun rights decision to the fifty states.


Contact your State Senator and urge him to support ONLY “Shall Issue” for ALL of Illinois.

1.  It’s neither moral nor ethical to leave Otis McDonald, and hundreds of thousands, if not millions of other law-abiding residents of Cook County without their right-to-carry.  Gun owners support civil rights for all, not just those living outside of big cities.

2.  The Moore v. Madigan decision at the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals specifically mentioned the need for carry on the streets of Chicago…  exempting Cook County will never meet that court’s muster.

Twenty-first century Illinois has no hostile Indians. But a Chicagoan is a good deal more likely to be attacked on a sidewalk in a rough neighborhood than in his apartment on the 35th floor of the Park Tower.

Senator Tim Bivins, among others, is advocating making Cook County a “May Issue” county while giving “Shall Issue” to the remainder of Illinois.  “May Issue” means “no issue” outside of political insiders and major donors, leaving Otis McDonald and those like him unable to defend themselves, and their families from violent attack.

Contact Senator Tim Bivins AND your local Senator.

Bivins contact information:

Senator 45th District
309H Capitol
Springfield, IL   62706
(217) 782-0180

Here’s his Facebook page.   Leave a post there.  Remind him people like Otis McDonald have given so much, and it’s not right to leave him behind.  Tell him “shall issue for all of Illinois or unregulated carry after June 9th”.  Or whatever strikes your fancy.


Mike Frerichs is another one to contact.

Senator 52nd District
118 State House
Springfield, IL   62706
(217) 782-2507





One thought on “CONTACT YOUR SENATOR: Shall issue for ALL of Illinois”
  1. Tell your Senator to support Sam.
    Remind them that they are not empowered to permission slip RIGHTS and charge fees called poll taxes.

    You can beg for permission slips or you can stand for RIGHTS.
    Your Choice…….until you need to qualify for a permission slip to petition government.
    Think it through. Do you have the right to keep and bear or the right to apply for a permission slip?

Comments are closed.