Illinois residents who owned guns covered by the state’s sweeping firearms ban before it took effect last January have a little more than one month to register those weapons with the Illinois State Police before facing the possibility of criminal penalties.
Registration began Oct. 1, and through Nov. 21, 3,439 owners had registered nearly 6,600 guns they owned before those firearms became illegal to possess or sell in Illinois, according to state records.
While the degree of compliance is impossible to determine, the number of people who had registered through Nov. 21 represented just 0.1% of the 2.4 million people holding Illinois firearm owner’s identification cards, the state-mandated permits that authorize residents to own guns. FOID card owners might not own guns not covered by the ban, or have any guns at all.
We’ve written about this at least twice, and there are sites, like Washington Gun Law that cover other states and let everyone know what’s going on across the country – especially in communist controlled blue states. And sites like GunsSaveLife.com have advised against any registration scheme due to Illinois commi-crats having a follow-up confiscation law waiting in the wings.
Tribune commie propagandist and police hater Gorner finally get around to covering the massive non-compliance, but couch in in “the sheep are slooowly complying” terms, neglecting to tell anyone about how the law was passed:
- an innocuous piece of insurance legislation
- stripped of all language, leaving the skin intact and “passed” thru committee
- anti gun language inserted into the carcass
- and passed within 72-hours, bypassing all public input
- and upheld by the Illinois Supreme court 4-to-3, with two justices accepting $1 million in campaign contributions from Fatass
Typical Illinois pay-to-play corruption.
Second City Cop has been giving GSL a lot of digital ink of late. Specifically, they are mentioning our admonition to Illinois gun owners NOT TO REGISTER their guns with the ISP. That was our position on day one of the registration scheme and it remains our position, just in case you’re wondering.
This morning (well, at midnight at least), Second City Cop wrote this, mentioning GSL by name:
Look Who Woke Up
Meanwhile, a few days ago SCC linked to the GSL post titled, “ILLINOIS: DO *NOT* REGISTER your guns with Illinois State Police“:
F#$% Fatass (UPDATE)
- Dear Illinois residents: Do NOT register your “banned” firearms with the Illinois State Police. Do not register your “banned” firearm accessories, .50 caliber firearms and ammunition, or anything else.The registration period opened Sunday, October 1st and runs until December 31, 2023.
There’s ZERO benefit to registering your guns at this time and lots of reasons not to.
Fatass and the democrats already have Step #2 in the works:
- Repeat, do NOT register your stuff and here’s why: There are already plans to move new legislation to “close the existing owner loophole” next year. Pritzker & crew are keeping it under wraps until the registration window closes. That proposed legislation would give those who registered their guns, ammo, and accessories 90 or 120 days to surrender those items to law enforcement, to destroy them or to move them out of the state.
Registration is the biggest self-own, and merely a step on the road to confiscation….or forcing you to become a felon by your own hand.
And then there’s something like 98 or 102 county sheriffs who have signaled their intent to ignore this law fully, prompting Porky to say something along the lines of “They swore an oath, they don’t get to pick and choose which laws to enforce.”
The oath was to the Constitution, not a political party. And Porky would be better off directing his comments to Crimesha who picks and chooses all the time, along with making up Law as she goes along.
UPDATE: smartest readers in the world have reminded us that Fatass (and other dem politicians) have forbidden police from assisting Feds in the past over numerous other laws when Trump was in office….specifically immigration.