A lot of folks are concerned about President Barack Hussein Obama’s recent posturing in support of taking away guns Americans use to protect their homes and families from violent attack.
Obama and his people have threatened executive orders banning guns, moving to re-create past tyrannies instead of moving towards greater personal liberty and freedom.
Obama has promised more racist gun control legislation as well, further disarming those most in need of personal defense tools: his urban center voters. It is simply lunacy in that so many inner city blacks support gun control when private gun ownership by blacks are what kept the Klan riders away decades ago.
After all, why would you wish to ban self-defense guns such as America’s favorite rifle when two or three of those rifles, wielded by family members each with a standard-capacity magazine or three would pretty much thin the ranks of any group of sheet-wearing bigots wishing to burn a cross and conduct a lynching. It would also make future recruitment efforts exponentially more difficult.
After all, a large group of men wearing white sheets carrying torches is what some folks would call a target-rich environment.
So, why is it President Obama and his allies are making such bold threats upon our rights?
1. It serves as a nice distraction from the current problems in the American economy, including the lack of jobs and economic prosperity. Today, it seems, the Obama regime goes from one crisis to another. Some crisis are real, but most are manufactured.
2. Because he doesn’t have the votes to pass any gun bans, mag bans or other freedom-robbing gun restrictions at the national level. If he had the votes, he’d be acting instead of whining and prattling on with threats and bluster.
3. Obama’s agitation for gun control helps pour gasoline on the hysteria ginned up by the massacre of school children in Connecticut by an evil man intent on getting his moment of fame and committing an atrocity. Unfortunately for Mr. Obama and his ilk, the hysteria has died down dramatically. For instance, Google searches for “Gun Control” are dropping sharply from the post-Connecticut incident highs.
4. Obama is greasing the skids in an effort to help leftist gun haters pass gun bans and other restrictions at the state level in the various states.
Obama and his pals flat out failed in Illinois to pass a sweeping ban on modern firearms.
But that hasn’t stopped him from trying in other states.
We can expect 14 to 20 anti-gun bills. The current Democrat package includes:
- A ban on an undetermined number of semi-automatic firearms (No grandfather clause)
- A ban on magazines of over ten rounds (No grandfather clause).
- Making an individual with a violent misdemeanor a “prohibited person” re: gun ownership.
- A ban on private sales by requiring universal background checks.
- A waiting period on background checks that will kill gun shows.
- Rollback of concealed carry on college campuses.
- More strict enforcement of gun confiscation related to restraining orders
- Wider use of mental health treatment information for gun control purposes
NJ Liberals Introduce 18 Gun Control Bills TodayEarlier today, in an abbreviated legislative session because of the Joint Session of the Legislature for Governor Christie’s State of the State Address, liberal New Jersey Democrats managed to introduce 18 new Gun Control bills in an effort to further deprive you of your 2nd Amendment right.Including:
A-3645/S-2476 Requires ammunition sales and transfers be conducted as face-to-face transactions.
A-3646/S-2474 Establishes a regulatory system to govern the sale and transfer of ammunition.
A-3653 Criminalizes purchasing or owning weapon if person has previous conviction of unlawful possession of weapon.
A-3659 Revises definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater.
A-3664 Reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.
A-3666/S-2465 Prohibits mail order, Internet, telephone, and any other anonymous method of ammunition sale or transfer in New Jersey.
A-3667 Requires mental health screening by licensed professional to purchase a firearm.
A-3668/S-2467 Prohibits investment by State of pension and annuity funds in companies manufacturing, importing, and selling assault firearms for civilian use.
A-3676 Requires psychological evaluation and in-home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm.
A-3687 Disqualifies person named on federal Terrorist Watchlist from obtaining firearms identification card or permit to purchase handgun.
A-3688 Requires mental health evaluation and list of household members with mental illness to purchase firearm.
A-3689 Requires security guards who carry weapons to wear certain uniform, including identification card.
A-3690/S-2430 Declares violence a public health crisis, recommends expansion of mental health programs, recommends federal adoption of gun control measures, and establishes “Study Commission on Violence.”
AJR-89 Urges President and US Senate to ratify Arms Trade Treaty proposed by United Nations.
AR-133 Expresses support for creation of task force on gun control led by Vice President Biden.
S-2464 Regulates sale and transfer of rifle and shotgun ammunition.
S-2475 Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
SR-92 Urges Congress to strengthen gun control laws.
Cuomo Pushes to Make New York Home of Toughest U.S. Gun Laws
Governor Andrew Cuomo, seeking to make New York’s gun laws the toughest in the nation, is pushing to tighten the state’s ban on assault weapons and eliminate loopholes that allow the sale of large-capacity magazines.
The 55-year-old Democrat announced his plans today in his third State of the State address in Albany, the capital. The proposal would allow New York to suspend or revoke licenses and confiscate weapons, close loopholes in the 2000 law banning assault rifles, flag large bullet purchases and require background checks for gun sales between private parties.
“This is not taking away people’s guns,” Cuomo said, noting that he owns a Remington shotgun. “It is about ending the unnecessary risk of high-capacity assault rifles.”
There is some good news though.
Congressman Steve Stockman has introduced H.R. 35, the Safe Schools Act of 2013 — a bill to allow principals, teachers, and staff to possess firearms in order to defend their students.
ACTION: Contact your Representative. Ask him to cosponsor H.R. 35, the Stockman repeal of the gun-free school zone ban.
Obama and his friends are bloviating, posturing and trying to intimidate gun owners and would-be gun owners.
Obama isn’t going to ban your guns that were perfectly legal and send his private homeland defense army to your house to kick in your door, shoot your dog, take your guns and put you in prison.
Be active and informed, and make calls as needed to your elected officials.
But don’t panic.