How bad is it for the “gun control” crowd in Illinois?
Well, it’s bad.
In the past couple of years, the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence, or Gun Ownership or whatever they are called has:
- Lost it’s long-time director Thom Mannard, as he saw the writing on the wall and bailed for a medical non-profit. We hope he has better luck banning cancer than he had at banning gun ownership.
- Closed it’s Springfield office.
- Laid off the staff of it’s Springfield office.
- Fired/Laid off their lobbyist
- Slashed the staff at their Chicago office
- Laid off their Central Illinois Outreach Coordinator (what a farce that was 1 2 3 meeting notes)
And oh yeah, they lost the battle to keep Illinois the last state in America not to recognize its citizens right-to-carry.
Another gun grabber group is on hard times as well.
Really hard times that have embarrassingly ended up in the Chicago Sun-Times.
The Gun Violence Prevention PAC is getting sued by a fundraising company for services rendered.
Either fundraising didn’t go well, or the Gun Violence Prevention PAC squandered the money before paying the bills.
What a mess.
More info from Illinois Reference.
Suit: Gun control PAC failed to pay fundraising firm(Chicago Sun-Times) – A political fundraising firm is suing a gun control political action committee, alleging the group has failed to pay more than $26,000 it has owed for several months.