Dave Clark from X-Ring Guns in the metropolis of Toledo (Illinois, that is) has been busy.
He’s got himself a new website, organized a very successful third annual coyote hunting competition (story in the local paper) and in his spare time, has been teaching Illinois concealed carry classes in the state’s leading county in per-capita application rates (story in local paper).
Oh yeah, while we’re not sure what the census count on coyotes is in the Cumberland County region, but it’s 25 of the predatory beasts lighter after January 25th! Good job, fellas (and ladies!).
As for CCW licenses, Cumberland County residents are five times more likely to apply for a concealed carry license than Cook County residents!
Here’s his email announcement. Yeah, there’s some marketing stuff in it, but you must admit, he’s been busy and he’s getting some good publicity in the media and doing good things in terms of thinning the coyote herd. To say nothing to contributing to Cumberland County leading the State of Illinois in CCW applications per capita!
1. The XRC monthly drawing winner is Marci Summers of Lerna, IL winning a free box(es) of ammunition ($25.00 value). Congratulations Marci! As always, stop by any time this month for a chance to be the lucky winner of a $20.00 XRC Gift Card to be given away in the February drawing.2. Illinois Concealed Carry Classesare still being held and we have scheduled dates up to May 2014. Call today to get information and dates for an upcoming class. Cumberland County made the news January 17, 2014 throughout the state and in other prominent papers (Huffington Post, Chicago Sun Times, St. Louis Dispatch, and many other papers) for leading the state for concealed carry applications per capita. We have been busy helping people here at XRC to complete their online applications. We will scan your documents, take your digital picture, and help you complete all the necessary information for the application process.Below is the link to the Effingham Daily News article on Cumberland County leading in concealed carry applications:
3. On Saturday, January 25th, we held our 3rd Annual Coyote Competition with a total of 58 two-person teams (114 men and 2 brave women) who battled calling coyotes in 40-50mph wind gusts. They showed their hunting skills by knocking down 25 coyotes for the day. A big congratulations to Justin Nice of Teutopolis and Keith McClellan of Sigel for claiming the 1st prize winnings with three coyotes weighing 106.55 lbs. Todd Hewing of Hidalgo and Dave Staley of Newton came in a close second with three coyotes weighing 89.7 lbs. Ryan Koester and Brock Mellendorf both of Teutopolis brought in two coyotes weighing 78.2 lbs. Also, Ryan and Brock snagged the biggest coyote weighing 44.65 lbs.
Randy Milone of Effingham won the Savage Axis 223 rifle donated by Jansen Cable Construction, Inc. of Effingham. Keith McClellan of Sigel won the Savage Axis 243 rifle. Each of the winners received cash prizes and a custom designed coyote trophy made by Colin Cole of Toledo. Many hunters received various door prizes of gun cleaning supplies, T-shirts, tools, hunting DVD’s, reloading manuals, hats, and other hunting related items. Our sponsors this year were Colin Cole Soft Tanning and European Skull Mounts, Jansen Cable Construction, Inc., Zander’s Sporting Goods, Brownell’s, Pro-Shot Products, Sierra Bullets, Quest Holsters, and XRC.
A big thanks goes out to each of our XRC Team Members for helping make this day a very successful event.
Below are the links to the two newspaper articles on the competition:
4. We have a NRA Range Safety Officer class scheduled this month for anyone who is interested in being certified in that area. The class will be held on Sunday, February 23, 2014 from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Call for more information or to sign up for the class.
5. We are proud to announce that we now have a new website! Michelle Foote had been designing and updating information all month and we are very pleased with the outcome. Please check us out on the web at http://www.xringcustom.com for pictures of the coyote competition and more XRC information.
6. Our February Gun of the Month is a Taurus PT1911. Come in or call us for special pricing!
7. For Valentine’s Day and the entire month of February, we are having a special of 5% off any pink gun or accessories in stock. Instead of chocolates, give your sweetie an XRC Gift Card!!
8. Gun Saves Life meeting will be on Thursday, February 6th at the Elks Lodge in Effingham with dinner at 5:30pm and the meeting at 7:00pm.
Here is their website if you want to know more about what they do and stand for: http://www.gunssavelife.com/
9. We will be hosting another electronic fingerprint day with Bushue Background Screening in Effingham. They will be here on Thursday, February 27th from 11:00am – 6:00pm. You don’t need an appointment to get your fingerprints. Also, if you have taken one of our Illinois Concealed Carry classes, you can get a $5.00 discount card that you can use that day.
10. If you have a Facebook account, don’t forget to like us at X RING CUSTOM.