Next thing you know, smart phone manufacturers will be adding a caution label to their manuals warning people that taking selfies with your gun can be hazardous to your health.
We’re not sure if that would have helped a drunk young gent in Mexico (not pictured above) who inadvertently poked a hole in his brain housing group while posing for a pic with his Gat.
Life is hard. It’s even harder if you don’t follow the NRA’s Three Rules of Gun Safety.
I suppose this could be called an “irresponsible” gun owner of the day, but 1) stupidity like this doesn’t come across our desk everyday and 2) it wasn’t an American gun owner who did this.
Oh yeah, the NRA’s rules (paraphrasing):
1. Keep your muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
2. Keep your cotton pickin’ finger off the cotton pickin’ trigger until you’ve decided to shoot. (Otherwise known as keeping one’s booger picker off the bang switch).
3. Keep your heater unloaded unless and until it’s in service or being used.
Here’s the official story from the UK Telegraph:
A young Mexican man has died after accidentally shooting himself in the head while posing for a “selfie” with a loaded gun.
Oscar Otero Aguilar, who worked in a pet shop, is said to have been drinking with friends in Medero, in the north of the capital, Mexico City, when the accident happened.
A follower of the “selfie” craze – in which people pose for photographs they take of themselves – Otero Aguilar frequently posted pictures of himself on social media sites.
He had been at home with with his two housemates, Omar Abner Campos Vives and man known only as “El Paco,” when neighbours heard a gun go off followed by screaming.
One neighbour, Manfredo Paez Paez, 57, said: ”I heard a gunshot, and then I heard somebody screaming and realised somebody had been hurt. I called the police straight away and when they arrived they found that he was still alive.”
We’re not sure if the next to last thing through his mind was a realization that he screwed up badly.