A fire destroyed an apartment building after someone used a propane torch to prepare their freshly killed squirrel for din-din.


Public service announcement:  Don’t use your propane torch to prepare your squirrel for cooking!


Officials: Burning squirrel fur caused apartment fire

HOLLAND TWP. (Lansing State Journal) — Investigators say a person torching the fur off a squirrel started a fire that destroyed a Holland Township apartment building Wednesday afternoon.

Holland Township firefighters determined the fire started when a resident was using a propane torch to remove a squirrel’s fur. The person planned to eat the squirrel.

Photo by Lansing State Journal.