EXCLUSIVE TO GUNS SAVE LIFE.com (for now)
Champaign County Sheriff Dan Walsh has weighed in on the hysterical call by Democratic Party leaders to ban guns, limit magazine capacities and impose all sorts of other restrictions both in Springfield and in Washington, D.C.
While he doesn’t come out and say he’s not going to enforce further gun bans, he does cover a number of points that are just common sense around here:
- Right to carry will deter crime.
- America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15, isn’t criminally misused around here.
- Magazine capacity isn’t an issue.
- Cops here, including him, support law-abiding citizens’ right to carry and possess firearms of all sorts.
- The real problem for his department is mental health issues.
Sheriff Walsh probably isn’t going to earn himself any free donuts for the department from Governor Quinn’s office, and certainly not from Senator Durbin or President Obama, but he calls it like he sees it.
Here’s a copy of his letter for you to download. We received permission to release it earlier today.