Greetings and salutations!
The Illinois State Police have gone live today with their new “Concealed Carry Licensing” website. It’s been in the works for a couple of weeks or so…
On it is a “Checklist prior to applying“.
- 16 hours of Concealed Carry firearms training provided by an ISP approved Instructor.
- Electronic Copy of my training certificate(s). You will be required to upload your electronic certificate during the application process.
As a trainer, I’m guessing this means a scanned copy of your certificate, after you’ve signed the lower right at the “Applicant’s Signature” line.
- An Illinois Digital I.D. Visit the Illinois Digital ID website to obtain one.
Get on over there. Like right now. It didn’t like my Firefox Mozilla browser, but the latest generation of Internet Explorer worked fine (for me). Took about five minutes, tops. But if it’s not designed any better than the Obamacare website, it may crash as more gun owners try to log on to register after the new year.
- A Valid Driver’s License or State Identification card.
- A valid FOID card.
- A head and shoulder electronic photograph taken within the last 30 days.
A photo should have been taken with your fingerprints if you have already had your LiveScan prints done. Not been printed yet? No rush if you haven’t had your training yet as they are only good for 30 days after submission. If you don’t get your state-mandated training until spring, we suspect you’re wasting your money and time getting LiveScan prints done now.
- Be able to provide the last ten years of residency.
How many municipalities can we try to find who will say something ill of you?
- Fingerprints – Electronic fingerprints will expedite your application! Specify to the Live Scan vendor that your fingerprint application is for the Concealed Carry application (ORI = IL920707Z, Purpose Code = CCW).
NOTE: Applicants will be assigned a transaction control number (TCN) at the time of fingerprinting and will be required to retain that TCN to complete the application.
$150.00 payable with a credit card or electronic check.